Mesmerized By Motel

An intense online browsing session for floral dresses at Asos last week led me to a U.K. brand I'd never heard of called Motel. Heavy on bold florals and flirty frocks, it was just what I was craving for my summer wardrobe. I knew I'd hit the online shopping jackpot, especially when I saw that they delivered to the U.S. My new vintage-inspired 'Kate' dress perfectly satisfies everything I want in a summer dress - it's lightweight, has a fun print, features a voluminous tulip skirt silhouette, and most importantly, has two pockets. Even the hang tag surprised me, as it stated that the dress was hand painted using special techniques in Bali (something I wasn't expecting). I also have leggings in the same print, that's how much I love the blue, green, and lavender color combination.


Photobucket



Photobucket

On a personal note, the more I scrutinize these photos and see how light my skin is (and that my diligent use of sunblock every day must be working), the more I feel like adopting the theme "pale is the new tan." A visit to the dermatologist yesterday affirmed my dislike for the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays and aging effects, so I guess the only tan I'll ever be sporting will be a faux one.

Wearing: Motel dress, H&M bracelet, Barneys New York clutch, Forever 21 ring, Topshop shoes

Comments

0 Responses to "Mesmerized By Motel"

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Recent Comment